Pupils of Coton Primary School meet the Hidden

To be able to get some feedback on the book, Tom (Mr Wells) prepared 2 x 40 minute sessions designed around the following skills:
  • Reading comprehension,  
  • Creative writing 
  • Problem solving
  • IT skills (filling out an online questionnaire)

The  questionnaire gave some great insights and pointers. I can't wait to read ALL of them so I can incorporate the feedback into the book. Here are some of the comments so far:

"I love it"
"I liked that you had to find clues at the end of each chapter"
"I like the idea of the end of  each chapter you as the reader get to do something rather than continue reading"
"I really liked that it was based in Cambridge and in the Fitzwilliam museum"
"I loved that it was intense and a new style of story"
"I really liked how there were different clues and that you could find them out in the museum."

In the pupil's 'Golden Time' the children were given Jenny's concept sketch which included a riddle designed by Fiona to solve. The atmosphere was buzzing. They had  lots of fun and loved the activity.  I can’t wait to see their faces when they see Jenny’s finished illustrations including the real clues to solve the Hidden's secrets.



Feedback was unanimous: When can we read/hear the next chapter?
So to thank them for their help, I am planning a secret visit to the school so they can hear the next chapter read by the author himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comments