A reading for a group of Visiting Scholars

Today I read the first three chapters of my next novel: The College of Shadows.

I invited a group of visiting scholars who gave very helpful feedback so I can get this book ready for publication in the summer.


During the chat afterwards it was suggested that my novel would fit well with novels written by Urban Fantasy authors Neil Gaiman, Charles de Lint, Ben Aaronovitch and maybe Philip Pullman
  

I would like to thank Felicia, Christine, Annie, Anastasia, Melendra, Hugo, Simone and Karina for their constructive feedback and am delighted that they were willing to become my advanced readers.





2 comments:

  1. Dear Mark,

    Thank you so much for inviting me to the Advanced Book Reading Group of College of Shadows. I enjoyed this morning and felt like I was about to enter a fantasy world in Mark’s voices.

    The novel is fascinating especially for people who live in Cambridge like me and I can't wait reading the whole book during the easter break. I am very honoured to be one of the advanced readers and will be very happy to answer the questionnaire when I finish reading the book. I have subscribed Mark’s blogsite and look forward to seeing more progress of the book.

    Many thanks and with best regards,

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for inviting me today! I am so lucky to join this reading group.

    Best wishes
    Annie

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add your comments