Arthur and Victoria are coming to life

5.00am each morning, my alarm clock beeps and I creep out of bed to go to my desk and start work on Hidden Tales. Each weekend I research locations and characters and then try to write a chapter a week. It's going pretty well and there is loads of material to draw on in this remarkable city.

Each week Sorrel reads the latest chapter to her daughter Ori who has turned into our most important editor, giving immediate feedback for the author: "Too scary, lovely, exciting, a bit more clarity needed here..."

While really satisfying it is also exhausting as my job is busier than ever. But like any production process, I can't afford to hold back as both Sorrel and Jenny are depending on me for the storyline.
Jenny has now completed her first few sketches and things are looking very promising.  Sorrel has found someone to help us with a new alphabet for the puzzles - Fiona is a calligrapher and has invented an entirely new script for the Hidden world. After speaking with Fiona, I went over to visit the codebreakers at Bletchley Park for some inspiration.

It's all coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comments