Letters to the boys

When not editing my manuscript, I try to keep in touch with my sons, Thomas and Michael via a weekly letter. Sunday mornings a reminder pops up on my Mac telling its time to write to the boys.
Each letter follows a similar format, starting "Dear boys," and finishing with 'Your embarrassing Dad'. In between I scrawl a bit about the week gone by, keeping it light hearted where possible, with the occasional pearl of wisdom thrown in.

With both boys living abroad, I've adopted the habit of sending it as an old fashioned letter, with a stamp and hand-written address. Just like my parents did with me 40 years ago when I was first living away from home. I still remember the thrill of finding an envelope with familiar writing in my pigeon hole and I hope the boys enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comments